Maintenance is scheduled for this Sunday, Oct 11, 2015, from 8AM to 3PM, to install new hypervisors in the Storage Attached Network (SAN) pool. This also will complete the EMC/IBM recommended firmware upgrades on the SAN switches to address storage access stability issues.
Some services supported by the SAN (list following) may be degraded during the maintenance window.
• Banner production database
• Banner applications:
o Internet Native Banner
o Self-Service Banner (aka Hokiespa)
o Banner Workflow
o Travel & Expense
o Effort Reporting
• Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies - SPOT Survey
• Timeclock Plus
• Data Warehouse
• Jira, Confluence, MicroStrategy
• Account Manager
• VT Office Communications Server
• VT Windows Software Update Service/VTWSUS
Questions about services (before, during, after maintenance) may be forwarded 4Help via http://4help.vt.edu or by calling 540-231-4357 (campus phone: 1-HELP).